The Freeborn County Family Services Collaborative is the organization which oversees the work of THRIVE, provides a Facilitator for THRIVE, and with the Freeborn County Dept. of Human Services provides fiscal management for THRIVE. The Collaborative will continue this role for the life of the THRIVE Action Team. We support THRIVE’s continued efforts to promote healthy social and emotional health in children prenatal to age five in Freeborn County.
Early Childhood Parent Coach
Funded through Freeborn County Family Services Collaborative
FREE to all families in Freeborn County with children 0-5 year olds
Information and support for parents and caregivers dealing with challenging early childhood behaviors
Brenda Wichmann Licensed Parent Educator MN Board of Teaching
Brenda Wichmann is a licensed Parent Educator with the Minnesota Board of Teaching. She has 28 years of experience as a parent educator and former coordinator of School District 241’s Early Childhood Family Education Program.
- Education and support on effective discipline and ways to manage challenging behaviors.
- Information on child development and understanding possible reasons for particular behaviors.
- Information about other services and resources that may help your child.
- Assistance with making referrals for specialized services.
For Educators/Caregivers: (Parental Consent Needed)
- Case consultation
- Classroom observation
- Assistance in developing behavior strategies
- Assistance in adapting the environment to more positively meet the child’s needs.
1.Thrive Tidbits-Family Time to Reduce Holiday Stress–