The Collaborative is a partnership of local city and county government, county social service and health departments, school districts, parents, private agencies, businesses, and community groups that have teamed up to make existing services more available and responsive to families.
The Freeborn County Family Services Collaborative facilitates a comprehensive collaboration of providers to foster an environment where families receive needed services to nurture the children of Freeborn County in reaching their potential.
- Improved outcomes for children and families
- Leadership and innovation
- Public-private partnerships
- Responsive service delivery system
- Increasing Academic Engagement
- Improving Emotional Well-being
- Improving Preventive Health Practices
- Reducing Risk Behavior
The Collaborative is funded federally through LCTS (Local Collaborative Time Study). These funds have been designated by state statue for use in expansion of early intervention and prevention services in Minnesota communities. The funds come from the Department of Human Services and are distributed to counties social services that in turn transfer the funds to the Collaborative.